I don't know about you all but, I am truly a sucker for cupcakes. I have no idea where this obsession came from...well I think I do know. It all started one late night during December of last year. I had gotten my wisdom teeth removed, and my oh my, I was hungry. I challenge you to drink liquids for longer than a week, you would be starving too. The channel my television seemed to stay on at night was the Food Network, I fantasized about how good that food would taste in my mouth. I was basically torturing myself. This show called Cupcake Wars came on, interesting, right? The show was basically about these cupcakeries or cupcake boutiques, some would call. I have never seen cupcakes like them before. They weren't you typical vanilla, nasty pink icing, and topped with a "Happy Birthday" ring cupcakes. They were exotic. They were gourmet. They were feminine. But most of all, they were ADORABLE! If you don't think a cupcake is cute...something is terribly wrong with you.
Almost a year later, I decided "Hey, instead of spending $4 on one cupcake, why don't I learn how to make my own delicious cupcakes?" Smart right? The only problem is...I am not the greatest cook, which is weird. I LOVE to cook, even though I'm terrible. That's not the point. The point is:
- I need a gourmet cupcake cookbook
- I need to practice...a lot
Practice does make perfect they say. My cupcakes probably won't be perfect. But they'll be FABULOUS. That's good enough for me. Anything fabulous is good enough for me.
Who knows, maybe one will day I'll be creating my own fashion cupcakes. They'd be pink with edible glitter. They'd also have really cute names.
The best part will be biting into one of these exotic flavored delicacies and savouring the moment. It's like being in wonderland.
The best title for this post would be Mrs. Future Cupcake Connoisseur. I don't even know what "connoisseur" means. It just sounds pretty fancy. Maybe I should look it up...
According to Dictionary.com,
Connoisseur - noun. A discerning judge of the best in any field.
Wow, way to burst my own bubble. I thought it meant you were good at something, not good at judging something. Technically, I should change the title. Eh, I don't see myself doing so. Connoisseur sounds verrry elegant, and I like elegant.
If I'm going to learn how to make gourmet cupcakes, I'm going to need a fabulous apron for doing so. I mean, every baker needs an apron. It's like the jelly to peanut butter, the milk to cereal, the cheese to macaroni, you get the point. It can't be any ole' apron. It must be a pink apron. Or have pink accents. It must have pink someting. It'd be really cute if I could find a pink apron with white polka dots...something is missing..OH! Ruffles for sure.
I think it's best that I stop rambling for now. Plus, my homework is calling my name.
Xo
Diamond
welll since youu seem to like cupcakes soo much, i think you should try a place called gigi's cupcakes they are GREAT!
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable (:
ReplyDeleteThey make edible glitter? Thats awesome!
ReplyDelete