Hello dolls! How has your weekend been?
Mine was full with: laundry, re-arrganging my room, and of course homework,
At school the other day, I was in the library working on my blog during my Writer's Workshop class. As I was walking out of the library I saw an assortment of books with pink books. It got me to thinking...I miss reading. I used to read all the time when I was younger. It seems that ever since I got into high school, I stopped reading for fun. It seemed I was just reading what was required of me.
I decided that I wanted to start reading again. Of course, I thought bigger than that. What if I started a book club? There is one problem, where am I going to find the time to read a book, and where was I going to find the time to meet with the people. That's when a bell went off in my head. It went like *ding ding*. The bell then talked and said, "Diamond, you have a blog, you can make your readers part of your book club."
Great idea, right?
I know.
The books will have to be fabulous or deal with something feminine.
So the plan is that I'm going to start this when I get more readers.
The goal? 12 books per year. Sounds reasonable, right? 1 book a month.
Maybe when I find more time, I can expand to 2 books a month, for 24 books a year.
We will be so intelligent!
While on the subject I recommend this amazing book by Clinton Kelly (co-host of What Now To Wear):
"Freakin' Fabulous"
I picked this up from Borders for 40% off (They're going out of business.) I absolutely love this book, EVERY person in the world should read it. It covers everything from partying, entertaining, cooking, and behaving.
Ta Ta for now.
Xo
Diamond
Diamond
That is a good idea! 1 book per month...I think thats doable. (yes doable is a word, no I don't think I spelt it correctly).
ReplyDeleteBook club sounds fun. I think I might even join. Naw im lying. I will be glad to inform others about the book club. When did you plan on cooking those cupcakes?? Im counting on you to make me some good cupcakes.
ReplyDeletegood idea...but JUST femine and girly stuff??
ReplyDelete